Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Rikenon f=100mm lens

is there an adapter that will allow mounting to Pentax K20 or K100? It's a lens my friend picked up at a yard sale and wants to know if it there is an adapter to the camera body. It has a small end with threads on it, not sure if the Ricoh XR adapter will work.

I'm back after a very busy summer. Hope to post some pics of my travels sometime soon.

Suzu

10-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure it is not an M42 lens? If it is, you can get the K to M42 adapter on the Pentax website.
10-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Knowing the brand name of the lens doens't really help answer questions like this - third party lens makers like Rikenon made lenses for lots of different kinds of cameras. Sometimes it say right on the lens what kind of camera it was made for, but usually not. So you have to examine the bottom of the lens and compare it to other lenses you know. Since you mention screw threads, I'm assumng it is either M42 or M39 screw mount, and probably M42 since that is more common. If that's true, you need an M42 to K-mount (also known as PK) adapter, which are not terribly expensive - but probably cost quite a but more than the lens.
10-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
ok thanks guys, I should have posted a pic of the lens. I'll try and get a shot of it and post them. I think it's probably the M42 mount, but the threads are only about 1 - 1 1/2 inches across, not like the M42, I will get back to you guys. thanks for the replies.

Last edited by Suzu; 10-15-2009 at 05:26 PM.
10-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Knowing the brand name of the lens doens't really help answer questions like this - third party lens makers like Rikenon made lenses for lots of different kinds of cameras. Sometimes it say right on the lens what kind of camera it was made for, but usually not. So you have to examine the bottom of the lens and compare it to other lenses you know. Since you mention screw threads, I'm assumng it is either M42 or M39 screw mount, and probably M42 since that is more common. If that's true, you need an M42 to K-mount (also known as PK) adapter, which are not terribly expensive - but probably cost quite a but more than the lens.
Marc,
Rikenon = Ricoh

Rikenon lenses were made to complement Ricoh cameras and were available in three mounts (depending on age):
  • M42 (screw)
  • Pentax-K bayonet
  • Ricoh-P bayonet (K-mount variant)
All three are usable with a Pentax dSLR, though caution should be used with the Ricoh-P versions. They have the infamous "Ricoh Pin" and carry the possible risk of jamming onto Pentax AF bodies.

Steve

(Resident Rikenon fan...)
10-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Ah, thanks for the correction. I wasn't familiar with the name Rikenon, but was confusing it with Rokinon, which I gather is something different, since it isn't Ricoh/Pentax specific. Now that's one seriously unfortunate similarity in names (Rikenon/Rokinon)...

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 10-16-2009 at 01:47 PM.
10-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The only Rikenon 100mm lenses I'm aware of are m42 mount.

Closed Thread