Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Zenzanon lens on K mount

Short question,

Does Zenzanon lenses registry distance allow using them on K mount with retaining infinity focus?

Thanks.

10-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Most MF gear (if not all?) has a longer register distance than "small format" SLRs...so yes, they would work. Look at a Pentacon Six -> K adapter for an idea of its size.
10-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well at least user "pbo" has one, I've PM'ed him
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Whoa, I didn't know that

Good luck, Can

10-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
pbo
Veteran Member

Yep, I have one The one in picture shown by Can is my older "design" - that focuses quite a bit past infinity (but was usable - combination of rear cap + bayonet)
I made a new one, from a rear cap and the shortest tube of a cheap ext. tube set from ebay. I ground a bit off the tube since I was afraid it wouldn't focus to infinity - and it works pretty good! It focuses a tiny bit past infinity - which I'm totally fine with! (the infinity point is at 30ft mark on PE 75mm)
If anyone wants, I can post a picture of and with the lens/adapter.
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hmmm, so you're using it as a normal lens pbo? I thought you were using it like I use mine

These zenzanon lenses are great since you can stop them down before shooting... kinda like the M42 lenses with Auto-Manual switch.

Last edited by Andi Lo; 10-18-2009 at 10:28 PM.
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
pbo
Veteran Member

Yep, as a normal lens. I really like the length - it was my first 70-ish lens and I don't have money for either DA70 or FA77 limiteds. Haven't thought about tilt/shift yet - might try someday... but that plunger of yours looks really weird, and I want the lens to hold steady on the camera
10-19-2009, 04:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
Yep, as a normal lens. I really like the length
Thanks much for the info, wondering how are the results, Zenzanon lenses are very famous high quality lenses, I really like to know how they act on a digital camera., if you can post some images here, I guess whole world will be more enlightened about Zenzanons on digital.

10-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
pbo
Veteran Member

Okay, sorry about this delay... Just uploaded the pics of and with zenzanon
No processing except for Auto Tone in LR - except for the last one. Samples were shot with K20D + Zenzanon 75/2.8

Here is my sort of self-made adapter (rear cap with a hole + very short ext. tube + super-glue + strong tape for insurance):

Here's the lens I use most often: Zenzanon-PE 75/2.8

Here's the lens on adapter. If you want to make one, make sure the red dot on K bayonet matches with infinity mark on the lens

Here's the lens on a K10D. I usually add a VERY long hood to it because flare on this lens is real bad. Even though front element is so recessed. (no vignetting with a hood that deep)

Here's one of the recent pictures. Photobucket screws up colors for some reason - so the second one (100% crop) looks weird color-wise.
I'm not a bokeh connoiseur, so can't judge. Looks good to me even though hexagonal

Two more. A bit front focused (can't see at that size), so just look at the OOF areas Again, can't judge. Looks good to me...
BTW if anyone has played Assassin's Creed (a computer/console game), look at the background of the first pic

Another picture with crop.

Nothing special, just like it

Color screwed up again in crop... But detail's there - at ISO320.

Last picture with crop, color screwed up again in crop
It's a relatively old picture - and was processed by me, so sharpening's there.

That's it for now, I guess.
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
Okay, sorry about this delay... Just uploaded the pics of and with zenzanon
That's it for now, I guess.
Thanks much much for info and the great pics.