Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Just checking in after a few days in Norway...

For general lndscape shooting, I've found that the 80-200mm is the best. 80mm is more than wide enough for landscape when you're shooting from a boat, and 200mm gives you all the reach you'll need for faraway subjects. As long as you're sitting down, it's heavy weight isn't an issue.

When my cruise ship sailed near the coast, I switched to the 28-70mm. The 12-24 worked fine at the 24mm end, but it proved to be way too wide at 12mm. When walking around the city, I left the two FA*'s in my room and just took the 12-24mm and the 85mm along. I didn't use the 12-24 much, but it worked wonders for building shots! The 85mm was perfect for just about everything else

I'll have a gallery posted on mosphotos.com either later today or tomorrow evening, so stay tuned!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: