Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #31
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
RE: PK adapter, My lens sold with the pentax one so I only have the nikon left.
Sorry tax_man
No problem - thanks for letting me know.

11-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #32
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D W Quote
This is not a lens model specific issue with Vivitars, My two 90-180 Macros, one needed the shield trimmed and the other did not.
So, how does one know this needs to be done before damaging the camera?
11-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #33
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post

VIVITAR TX lens mount adapter Pentax PK Ricoh KAR fit - eBay (item 370282231538 end time Nov-28-09 03:00:50 PST)

Here is one on eBay, from the U K


This is NOT a Pentax mount! Vivitar used "K/AR" for Konica Auto Reflex mounts. Pentax mounts show "PK".
11-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #34
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Wise Quote
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post

VIVITAR TX lens mount adapter Pentax PK Ricoh KAR fit - eBay (item 370282231538 end time Nov-28-09 03:00:50 PST)

Here is one on eBay, from the U K


This is NOT a Pentax mount! Vivitar used "K/AR" for Konica Auto Reflex mounts. Pentax mounts show "PK".

Ahhh, the seller changed the description on it, hmmm, I stand corrected.

11-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #35
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Wise Quote
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post

VIVITAR TX lens mount adapter Pentax PK Ricoh KAR fit - eBay (item 370282231538 end time Nov-28-09 03:00:50 PST)

Here is one on eBay, from the U K


This is NOT a Pentax mount! Vivitar used "K/AR" for Konica Auto Reflex mounts. Pentax mounts show "PK".
Thanks for the heads up!
11-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #36
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
Hey all - I found the TX mount on eBay. Does anyone know how to properly mount it on the lens? Is it simply a matter of lining things up and locking it on?

Thanks.
11-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #37
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
You'll see a white arrow on the inside of the lens, where the aperture feeler goes. Set the lens to 5.6 on the orange scale (color coded to what the mount has the identifying P/ES etc in), so the pin fits into the metal slot that moves in the lens... Let me say this a better way: when lens is at f/5.6 there is a little metal fork with the center opening lined up to where the white arrow points, on the lens. The protruding pin (with a pointer) will go into that.

Not very difficult. The locking mechanism will move easily when everything is set down right, and you'll have access to all the apertures. If not, try again.


11-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #38
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
You'll see a white arrow on the inside of the lens, where the aperture feeler goes. Set the lens to 5.6 on the orange scale (color coded to what the mount has the identifying P/ES etc in), so the pin fits into the metal slot that moves in the lens... Let me say this a better way: when lens is at f/5.6 there is a little metal fork with the center opening lined up to where the white arrow points, on the lens. The protruding pin (with a pointer) will go into that.

Not very difficult. The locking mechanism will move easily when everything is set down right, and you'll have access to all the apertures. If not, try again.
Terrific explanation & very clear illustrations! Thanks. Adapter is connected & lens works!

Howard

11-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #39
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
Ok, now, let's see what the lens can do !!
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #40
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Ok, now, let's see what the lens can do !!
Just need some daylight! I was impressed with the photos I took of the ceiling fan in my kitchen . . .
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM   #41
Pentaxian
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,625
two of these TX mounts just went on eBay for $30-$35 apiece

Last edited by mikeSF; 11-11-2009 at 08:55 AM.
11-11-2009, 05:42 AM   #42
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 21
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
two of these TX mounts just went on eBay for $30-$35
I paid around $15 for mine.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens, tx
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I really need to find... Aperturae Photographic Technique 6 12-18-2009 08:06 PM
Where to find.. Seraf Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 07-23-2008 03:36 AM
where to find? jani Pentax Film SLR Discussion 30 06-01-2008 12:39 AM
Can you find??? rmtagg Post Your Photos! 8 04-13-2008 10:07 PM
A find Gaelen Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 09-02-2007 09:21 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top