Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-x 2 lens kit reduced $100

I wasn't sure where to post this so I put it here.

I'm holding out for the K-X two lens kit with the 55-300 which I'm assuming will be released very soon.

I noticed today that Amazon is advertising it for $100 less than B&H.

Has anyone here dealt with Amazon? Are they reliable? Or would I be better off going with B&H?

10-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazon is very reliable unless they are selling for some odd 3rd party seller but it doesnt seem like it.

This is a crazy good deal, but I feel like it is a price mistake since the 50-200 kit is this price - they might cancel it. I'm tempted to pre-order even though I really really want a white one!

the 55-300 is an awesome lens, although this one won't have quickshift or a hood.
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Holy crap wtf is up with that? that is definitely direct from amazon, and at a $1 more than the 50-200mm kit I don't think this is a mistake. I would put in my pre-order stat! (if my kx black body only weren't on the way, and if I didn't already have the 55-300, haha).
10-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
OK. I pre-ordered.

I added 2- day shipping bringing the grand total to 767.91.

Now, I'm a wreck - can hardly wait for the kit to be available and sent.

10-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zydeco Man Quote
OK. I pre-ordered.

I added 2- day shipping bringing the grand total to 767.91.

Now, I'm a wreck - can hardly wait for the kit to be available and sent.
Great choice - even thought L versions do not have quickshift and don't come with a hood, the 55-300mm is a spectacular lens, well worth the $300-350 it normally sells for - knock that off the price you paid and you are getting a Kx w/the 18-55 for about $450, not a bad deal in itself!
10-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I really hope the white K-x has this kit at this price

speaking of which.. wher eis the white K-x??!?!
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #7

This seemed like a good idea at the time but Amazon is sure taking its sweet time getting this one in stock. Lots of other retailers have this kit in stock, so it seems odd to me. I can't get any answers from them via email other than obvious copy-paste "you will get an email when it ships, now stop bothering us" replies.
11-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by subtraho Quote
This seemed like a good idea at the time but Amazon is sure taking its sweet time getting this one in stock. Lots of other retailers have this kit in stock, so it seems odd to me. I can't get any answers from them via email other than obvious copy-paste "you will get an email when it ships, now stop bothering us" replies.
I believe this kit, and the white version have been ranked highest on the amazon dslr sales charts - perhaps before they indicate it is available they are fulfilling pre-orders first? I wouldn't doubt they have alot of them. This may be the case with the white single lens kit as well - several places have had them intermittently in stock (willoughbys, tigerdirect, bestbuy), but nothing ever listed on amazon. I am sure they will likely be up by week's end, perhaps next week at the latest.

11-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #9

Original Poster
I received mine 6 days ago. Trying to learn to use it.
11-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
Site Supporter

I'm sure some of you also noticed the recommendations near the bottom of the page.
K20 for $400 and change.
It is listed as having a full one year warranty with Pentax. That would be something to carefully consider along with the reputations of the store selling it.

Post number 666 for me. The store is also selling body only K7 for $780. I wonder if the store front is in league with the devil. Anyone ever heard of this site? StarGate-Electronics.com - StarGate-Electronics.com

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 11-05-2009 at 07:42 AM.
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I'm sure some of you also noticed the recommendations near the bottom of the page.
K20 for $400 and change.
It is listed as having a full one year warranty with Pentax. That would be something to carefully consider along with the reputations of the store selling it.

Post number 666 for me. The store is also selling body only K7 for $780. I wonder if the store front is in league with the devil. Anyone ever heard of this site? StarGate-Electronics.com - StarGate-Electronics.com
Never heard of them and they are not on resellerratings.com - likely huge, massive scam attempt. avoid!

Edit:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1030&message=33590509&changemode=1

They only accept western union for payment? real legit (edite: massive sarcasm)!