Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stuck lens question

Well, it finally happened. After reading a number of posts about this I personally experienced the infamous stuck lens on my K200D. It was a manual Kalimar brand 28-70 lens with the aperture ring in the A (P) position. Fortunately I was able to use the feeler gauge method and pop it loose pretty quickly. However, that brings up a couple of questions.

First, I have used this lens a lot on my Pentax KX and it has never gotten stuck, probably because I don't use the automatic aperture setting. But my question is, can this lens get stuck on the KX if the aperture ring is on automatic?

My next question, is it possible to disable the pin that causes all the problem?

Thanks for your patience as this has probably been answered somewhere else before. If so, send me in the right direction and I'll go looking.

10-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Well, it finally happened. After reading a number of posts about this I personally experienced the infamous stuck lens on my K200D. It was a manual Kalimar brand 28-70 lens with the aperture ring in the A (P) position. Fortunately I was able to use the feeler gauge method and pop it loose pretty quickly. However, that brings up a couple of questions.

First, I have used this lens a lot on my Pentax KX and it has never gotten stuck, probably because I don't use the automatic aperture setting. But my question is, can this lens get stuck on the KX if the aperture ring is on automatic?

My next question, is it possible to disable the pin that causes all the problem?

Thanks for your patience as this has probably been answered somewhere else before. If so, send me in the right direction and I'll go looking.
I had the infamous stuck lens a couple years back with my k10d. If it got stuck on one camera, it will get stuck on them all! As far as the pin, I believe you have to perform surgery to alleviate this symptom.