Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Apples or oranges. Pentax 50 1,2 or Reuvenon 55 1,2

The title says it all. Been searching and reading everything i can find on the Reuvenon on the net and on this forum. Have i understand correct its the same as the Cosina 55 1,2?

I am currently offered to buy the Pentax K 50 1,2 and the Revuenon 55 1.2. But i cant buy both

I am kinda leaning towards the reuvenon.....but i thought i might check with the good people here first.

The Pentax is going to cost me more btw.

11-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Heya Swede,
for me the Revuenon is good enough (never used the Pentax though).

I am positively sure that the Revuenon is the same as the Cosina-labeled version, see my remarks here and why the Porst is definitely not the same:
PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 55mm F1.2 Color Reflex MC Auto

In the end it is quite easy: If a lens looks absolutely the same except the name ring, why wouldn't you assume that it is indeed the same ?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/659935-post20.html

FWIW people are raving about the K1.2 version but are also saying that the Cosina is really good, and also at f/1.2. I confirm that, it is an astonishing performant lens and amazingly well built.

I guess you have seen the 20+ page Cosina thread,
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/41357-cosina-55mm-1-1-2-club.html

BTW the german warehouse chain Quelle which used the label 'Revue...' for their stuff is going out of business right now - they've started their online sellout today, but I guess there's no Revuenons to be had :-)

Good luck with your choice,
Georg
11-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks alot Georg for the input!

I've been spending this whole day reading the Cosina 55 thread *pfeew*

I was worried at first that the Revuenon would be different from the Cosina but now it seems clear to me! I seems like a very good and sharp lens. Im not so much into bokeh....yet, but i hope this lens will give me some inspiration to that. And also, after i got the FA 100 macro i feel that i learn alot more about taking pictures than with th kit/zoom lenses. Havent used my AF zooms at all lately....

Anyways.....hoping to get the Revuenon and that it is in good shape. The pentax lens has gone to another buyer today so its not an hard choice now