Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Please explain this to me...

I have a Seikanon 28-80mm lens with a macro ring, and I loved it until it started being a POS.

Basically, I can't get anything in focus with it (using the split screen focus thing for reference) unless I turn the macro ring a hair and then its fine. This happens even at infinity at focal distances way past anything that would constitute a "macro" shot.

Help?

Do I fix it or smash it with a hammer? How to fix it????? (I'm really that frustrated with it.)

Thanks folks!

11-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The first thing I've got to ask, is have you tried any other lenses on the camera
The reason I've asked is because a focus problem is often in the body. I've known the mirror to become loose on someones K10D, causing focus problems.
11-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have no idea, how you can fix that. Perhaps just a screw that has become loose, which now allows the macro setting ring to creep? But I do not think it is worth a professional repair, unless it is a lens you value highly for any persoanl reason. I also do not think, that it is problem with the camera, but you can verify that with another lens.

Ben
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
This is a full manual lens, which I use on my ME super and p30 bodies. On either body the lens doesn't work that great, which is why I suspect the lens itself.

You know how with most lenses you can turn the ring backwards past focus a little? Like how at infinity you can make the split screen go left and right? With this lens, you can't go backwards at all, and the infinity focusing is way off. If I turn the macro focusing ring backwards a hair (just enough so it unlocks) the focus is fine but without doing this, the focus is off by miles. To verify that maybe I was just out of the focal range the first time, I tried to focus on some mountains way out in the distance and had the same issue...so I'm fairly sure something is just broken.