Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
no pricing of pentax lens in B&H catalog

I just got the new B&H catalog. Under pentax camera, only Kx (a red one!) and K7 were listed. The most strange thing was there was no pricing info for any of the pentax lens. Only listed as call/logon. Every other brand had it except pentax. Is this reflecting the ever changing (or up-swinging) price of pentax lens or something else?

11-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cyy47 Quote
I just got the new B&H catalog. Under pentax camera, only Kx (a red one!) and K7 were listed. The most strange thing was there was no pricing info for any of the pentax lens. Only listed as call/logon. Every other brand had it except pentax. Is this reflecting the ever changing (or up-swinging) price of pentax lens or something else?
I was flipping through it last night as well - a conservative estimate I would say easily 50% of EVERYTHING listed in the catalog said logon/call - so I wouldn't read a whole lot into it! But yes, likely since it is brand new the price is pretty dynamic (as we have already seen with the K-x, which isn't even fully stocked yet).
11-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
emr

Yeah, Pentax lens prices are probably rising so fast that any printed catalog would be out of date fresh after printing.
11-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agree with the others the prices have increased so much in the last few months I don't blame B&H for not posting prices on pentax lenses. A lens I purchased over the summer has now more than doubled in price in just 3 months. It seems there is no end in sight. I'm so glad I bit the bullet and purchased a few things over the summer. I keep telling myself it was a good investment nothing like doubling the value in only 3 months.

11-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I think the market is so volatile and competitive, camera stores don't want to be held to a price when they print..it can and probably will change price the next day.