Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A Japanese needed for 77mm and 43mm Lens technical report

I was wondering is there someone available who can translate from Japanese these last two pages?
(page1)
(page2)

I fellow Pentaxian managed to translate one of the articles but the other one is still to be translated. I left a message at the dpreview but it seems there is no one else with Japanese language to complete the translation.
77mm and 43mm Lens technical report by Jun Hirakawa- Scientific Publication [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

11-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Apparently there are a lot of references to Takumars.

(I have no idea, but I'm trying to get Mike Cash interested).
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
Apparently there are a lot of references to Takumars.

(I have no idea, but I'm trying to get Mike Cash interested).
There are zero references to Takumars in those two pages.

They're not really technical reports. They're a couple pages of lens reviews from the film camera days. The first page consists mostly of info about the construction of the lens caps. Real yawner.

Fortunately for me, I am an American and the OP specified a Japanese person, so I am excused from translating them.

Last edited by Mike Cash; 11-09-2009 at 11:35 AM.
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Well, it was worth a shot!

11-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Voe
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Mike,
When I said Japanese I had in mind a person with japanese language skills. My assumption was that it would be easier to find a Pentaxian from Japan than a person from another country who knows Japanese, but obviosly that's not the case.