Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The mount looks not hard to remove without damage. Will try it.

QuoteOriginally posted by MattGunn Quote
No
If the mount comes off easily then it is often quite easy to take the pin out, put a short length of tube over it and put it all back together again. In this way the lens is converted to manual but it is straightforward to remove the bit of tube and restore the lens should you decide to part with it. Generally if I am modifying a lens then I will try to do it reversibly in case I decide to sell it on (like I'm ever going to willingly part with any of my glass...)

11-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just watch out for lose screws trying to hide in the carpet and spring loaded bearings making a bid for freedom across the room. If you have any problems just post a photo and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
11-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #18

Tried to unscrew the mount already, it came off very easily. Screwed it back in, until I engineer something good to stop the pin
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #19

Reporting a successful operation Ended up using a small piece of metal to stuck the lever in place, so no damage done and it's reversible.