Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
here's another shot with the same lens + A1.4x-s, f8, tripod, 2sec mirror lockup.

i'm having a ball documenting this nest. i plan on doing a short printed book of it.
green backed herons

06-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #17

Original Poster
Those pictures are amazing, thanks for sharing, I have more hope for my old lenses now....

Jeff

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
I've bought a bunch of older lenses because I'm cheap and they're good bargains. I do struggle at times getting a sharp shot, but I'm sure it's operator error in my case. Some of my best shots have been taken with the SMC-A 135 f/2.8 and the SMC 300 f/4.0 lenses.

SMC 300mm f/4.0

SMC 300mm f/4.0

SMC-A 135 f/2.8

I've got some real stinkers, too. I prefer to look at my nice shots, though.
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I really like this pic Russ

Thanks, Stu! I like that one, too. I like the way the light plays with the dust in the air as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeddy Quote
Those pictures are amazing, thanks for sharing, I have more hope for my old lenses now....

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!
06-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
here's another shot with the same lens + A1.4x-s, f8, tripod, 2sec mirror lockup.

i'm having a ball documenting this nest. i plan on doing a short printed book of it.
green backed herons
Wow, Roy, that's a nice shot under some really tough conditions! I think you'd HAVE to have manual focus to get this shot. Great idea on the book, too. I'll have to "borrow" that idea someday. We didn't have the big birds in our tree this year, but I'm sure they'll be back.