Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens stuck on camera - Help!

I picked up a Sears 60-300 zoom with an "A" setting on KEH, and stuck it on my K100D as soon as it arrived. I managed to turn the lens partway into the camera's bayonet mount, but for some reason it seems to be stuck. There is some travel back and forth in the lens, but it won't come off, no matter what I seem to do. I have another zoom with an "A" setting that you can't remove unless the aperture ring is set to an actual aperture, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here. Anyone have any ideas about what to do? I'd hate to have to send it in anywhere, but I suppose I'll do what I have to...

06-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hey finn, sorry to hear your problem, I've heard ricoh mount has a pin that gets stuck in the auto focus actuator maybe a thin feeler guage might work but I don't really know. Hope you can get it off O.K.
06-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yep, that seems to be just the issue...thankfully someone did all the hard work for me: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=19214685