Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Good deal! Super Takumar 1/1.8 55mm

I just picked up this fairly nice lens off of Craigslist for 15$.

Alas, it has an ever so faint scratch on the front element, a real pity since I was rather hoping for a pristine lens. Still! This is officially the popping of my m42 cherry. I'm currently debating whether to get the EOS or Pentax K adapter.

On my rebel I have a macro extension tubes (for which this is a godsend), plus it would be a very nice 88mm on the 1.6x sensor. I bought this to do portrait work, so I think I'm going with the EOS since I already have two 50mm's for the Pentax.

Photos of and photos with coming soon, as they appear!

edit:

You can see the scratch in this photo. It looks much more pronounced that it really is.

Edited again: Photos! I finally got my m42 to EOS adapter, and took my first shots! They were shot adding 68mm to the 55mm lens (123mm total). It was tough to focus, but I eventually got the hang of it.

@ f/1.8 - I find it's a tad soft here

@ f/6.7 - I think that it's optimally sharp here

On the whole, I've got a good feeling about this lens. I'm looking forward to using it.

Last edited by jadedrakerider; 12-15-2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Add photo
11-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Even with a scratch that's still a good deal... have fun with the lens
11-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Even with a scratch that's still a good deal...
I second that.
11-21-2009, 05:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Even with a scratch that's still a good deal... have fun with the lens
QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote
I second that.
Oh definitely! It's just that I'm a bit neurotic about scratches and dust. None of my other lenses have them. Even with pristine elements, I never seem to be able to get them clean enough. lol!

Still! I'm looking forward to this lens ever so much. I've been eager to do a bit more macro, but it never occurred to me before to go this route! I'm going to be very grateful for the extra depth of field thanks to the crop factor.

12-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
Bump for new photos