Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #1

Any deals on holiday?

I wanna buy my first prime lately, currently I only have km (I guess it is called k2000 here) with the dal 18-55, which I have used for 8 months.

I have only been at America for 3 months, so unfamiliar with shopping here. With limited budget and usually I like to take photos both indoors and outdoors, I decide to buy DA 40mm. It will be quite light to go with my km.

In fact, it seems like it is not a good time to buy primes. Now I wonder if the price will comes down a little bit on holidays or I should wait longer since price has been increasing all the year or buy it now? I am kinda anxious to have my first prime .

11-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
It's unlikely lens prices will come down any time soon - they've been on the rise of recent times.
There's no better time to buy new gear, but you can wait for what you want to appear on the marketplaces like what's on this forum, and grab a bargain. Being in the US you are at an advantage seeing as though most activity happens among US users.
11-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks.
I think I'll buy one soon around thanksgiving. Who knows it will continue rising or come down a bit at holidays.
I'd prefer a new one for my first prime.... Though may fifty bucks more for a DA40.