Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think I've decided which Vivitar to sell...

I have two manual Vivitar lenses with my DS. Both are Kirons, and both take great pictures. One is 70-150mm, the other is 75-205mm. So there is significant overlap. Both are f3.8.

I have been keeping both of them, deciding which to sell.

The 70-250mm looks a little worn, but is smaller and works flawlessly. The focus/zoom barrel is a bit smoother in operation.

The 75-205mm looks "minty-er" and also works flawlessly. It is heavier (not prohibitively so), and the zoom range from 75-150 is somewhat loose, but not too bad. (Anything to worry about there?)

I have found that I gravitate to the extra length of the 75-205mm. I don't lose any aperture and get an extra 55mm. I plan to buy a teleconverter for which ever I keep, but I know that is a 2 stop loss of light.

In the situations where I am inside and shooting concerts, etc... I need the extra 55mm without the loss of light caused by a teleconverter. I really want a longer lens, but it's not in the cards right now.

I've used the 205mm range insde and gotten decent images in the venue from the back of the room.

So, I'm planning to sell the 70-150mm, and keep the 75-205mm.

Unless someone sees something I'm missing?

slinky

06-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If you decide to dump the 70-150, drop me a PM. I have one, but cannot use it due to the large aperture pin flange. It's the first zoom lens I ever purchased, back in 1977. Still looks mint, as does its Matched Multiplier. Funny thing, the Matched Multiplier does not have the large flange and fits my Pentax dSLR bodies just fine. If your copy fits the DS, then I might be interested in taking it and seeing if the flanges can be switched.
06-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There's got to be an easier and cheaper way to get a flange that will fit your lens, assuming you are not willing to cut it down yourself...