Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FA 35, DA 40 and FA 50 for FA 31?

I currently have the FA 35mm f2, DA 40mm f2.8 and FA 50mm f1.4. As they are all rather similar in focal length I am not able to use them all very much. I am having the idea of selling them all to fund buying the FA 31mm instead.

This is because I think I will value the qualities of the FA 31mm have more than the FA 50 and DA 40's. I hardly ever use the FA 50mm at larger aperture than 2, and the small size of the DA 40 is no big deal for me. Also, it is not faster than the 16-50 that I often use. The 35 mm is the one I use most of these lenses. I have never tried the FA 31mm, but I am tempted by the colour rendition and bokeh of that lens, and it is fast enough for my use.

Does anyone have knowledge that makes my idea seem like a bad choice?

11-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's never a bad choice to get an FA 31.
It'll all depend on how you justify its cost.
Having to sell your trio that you don't use all that often to fund the 31 makes it an easy decision IMO.
Almost the same FOV as the FA 35, you'll be impressed with the 31. Now all you have to do is fnd one.
11-23-2009, 02:17 AM   #3
GSk
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thx. You pretty much support my considerations. Guess I will find one beeing a bit patient. Otherwise a new one from adorama or BH will do too I have to sell before buying anyway.