Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
18-55mm WR from Amazon/Beach Camera

Not so good experience with ordering a Pentax 18-55mm WR lens:

After getting good advise from forum members I decided to order the lens through Amazon for the advertised 129.00 Dollars w free shipping (through Beach Camera).

A few days ago I browsed Amazon again and noticed the price has been raised to 155.94

Today I get an email from customer Service at Beach Camera:

"Dear Valued Customer:
Please be advised that your order was cancelled. Merchandise is not available from the manufacturer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We assure you your credit card has already been or will be credited immediately. If you have any further questions please contact our customer service department."

Sounds like a BS excuse to not have to sell at the advertised price if you ask me...

Anyone actually bought one for 129?

11-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Beach Camera is no longer listed on Amazon as a 3rd party seller for that lens. Sounds like they (Beach) oversold at that price. That's one problem with Amazon and third party sellers. However, this is a case where Amazon should honor the price with their stock. Since it is in-stock with Amazon, contact them. Kindly suggest that they honor the price of your order using their inventory. I had a great experience last week with Amazon when I missed the K-7 rebate by two days. It just took a simple email with order number and a nice note. Heard back in about four hours.
11-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HogRider Quote

Anyone actually bought one for 129?
Yep, I ordered and got one for that price through Amazon. But I placed the order on November 1st.

I've ordered lots of stuff from Beach Camera, and they have never let me down.
11-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That is unfortunate - got mine through beach on ebay, arrived on saturday (got the bing 8% cashback that way). Looks like it isn't on ebay either anymore - there is a 'gently used' one on there, missing a rear cap for just over $100 bucks buy it now (must've lowered the price because they had it listed the same price as beach last week when I bought - no i am not affiliated, but seems like a good deal as a last resort!)