Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This suxs

So ordered a 70-200 2.8 DG II HSM over the weekend. Paid for overnight shipping so could use it over the Thanks giving holiday. All was well with the world when the UPS man came to my work. I sat there staring at the box until lunch. At lunch I ran out and mounted the lens and took a photo. WOW fast focus and could not hear a thing. Chimp and zoom and see that I can make out the threads on a bolt from the Street sign across the street. Nice must have a fairly good copy!!!! Take another shot and another, looks great. Put the camera down to have some lunch, and came back to it after my sandwich. HMMMMMM will not focus, what is going on? WOW why is it taking 20-30 seconds to go from close focus to infinity? OHH no, re-mount it that will fix it!!!! nope . turn off the camera maybe this will work, NO!!!

Had a taste and it was ripped away - Lens returned yesterday - Now no lens for the holidays - I am out the $8 return shipping, and the overnight shipping fee .

11-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

That does suck but which camera? How were the batteries at the time?
11-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
K-7 - Thought about the batteries as well - So I fully charged it.
11-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Well that just sux as you said. I hope you have other lenses to have some fun with.

11-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Sad to hear.
SDM/HSM lenses just aren't cut out for the job it seems. I wonder how long it will take the lens companies to figure out they're losing a lot with all these faulty lenses going back to them...

I also wonder whether the same kind of failure rates occur with Canikon's ultrasonic AF lenses...