Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Rubber Lens Hoods

I have a few old Super-Takumar M42 lenses that are missing the original lens hood. Has anyone used the rubber lens hoods and how well do they work? How hard is it to find the original lens hoods for the Super-Takumar lenses.
Thanks,
Gary

11-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Garyleed Quote
I have a few old Super-Takumar M42 lenses that are missing the original lens hood. Has anyone used the rubber lens hoods and how well do they work? How hard is it to find the original lens hoods for the Super-Takumar lenses.
Thanks,
Gary
I've been using screw on rubber collapsing lens hoods for decades. They work fine and have the added advantage of acting as a shock absorber on the front of the lens.

David
11-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use one for my FA 50/1.4 - you could buy it off of eBay for cheap (5 bucks maybe).
11-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Eds
Site Supporter

Gary- I use the rubber lens hoods all the time on several of my lenses that did not come with hoods. They work great! And, they collapse to flat for easier storage than a rigid hood, so that's helpful in a tight camera bag. Ed

11-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rubber lens hoods should work just fine as long as they are of appropriate depth for the focal length and media size. Alternatively, high quality round metal hoods are also available at a reasonable price. I buy mine from from heavystar on eBay.

Steve