Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
actually, I had the DA70 for a while, but found that I just couldn't use the focal length. something about it didn't click with me.

think I should be okay with the da*50-135 as my current long range lens. SDM has had no problems (I even dropped this thing and it still works fine after a year now), although I generally manual focus with it.

I've been eyeing the DA 14mm F2.8 to complete the wide angle range, but brand new is a bit pricey and used ones seem to be pricier or people just keep them. DA21 ltd will suffice as my current wide angle and should be okay But I'm keeping my eye on that 14mm

01-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Quick update: I ended up with the DA16-45 as my wide angle. It's such a great lens and does 16mm really well. Too bad it's F4, but I can live with it. At F4 its sharp. And best of all, this lens is great value for the $$!

Current line up:

DA16-45 (wide angle)
Sigma 30mm F1.4 (normal - eyeing FA31 Ltd)
DA*55 F1.4 (portrait)
???? (Telephoto)

Now, I'm looking into the telephoto area. I am still trying for fast (aperture) AF primes.

i'm thinking of the FA77 Limited still... however, from what I've read it seems that my DA*55 F1.4 already does the job of the FA77. So my question is... does the FA77 have something that makes it that much more better than the DA*55 that it should be in my lens lineup?

if not, I'd rather use that money for maybe a specialty telephoto range lens.

Any comments appreciated!