Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Teleconverter Question

I picked up a Kiro MC7 2x teleconverter cheap but when I put it on my Ds the camera fails to work. I'm assuming the camera body simply isn't able to see the lens with this converter in place.

Is this correct and is there a fix?

06-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
what do you mean by - it fails to work?? what lens are you using. does the TC have electrical contacts. we need more info
06-11-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to check if you have the function set to use non automatic lenses.

The camera will not trip the shutter if you have a TC without contacts and have not set the function to allow lenses which use the apature ring
06-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Lowell, I reset my defaults last week before getting this and hadn't changed it back to allow non-automatic lenses.

Thanks for the reply Roy, you're right I didn't give much info there. It is an old manual one with no pins and failed to work with either lens but as Lowell pointed out... I didn't have the camera set to function with it.... Ooops!

Now...to get off work and go play with it.