Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #1

Adapter ring for Canon lenses

Hello,

I have some older Canon lenses I had on my AE-1. I have been searching around a bit (both here and other sites) and was hoping I could find some sort of adapter to put them on my k2000. I would like a reverse adapter to use them as macro lenses, but I would also not mind a normal adapter since they are pretty decent lenses. Does anyone know where I might be able to find something like this?

Cheers

11-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AFAIK an adapter to fit Canon FD to Pentax K doesn't exist. FD mount has much shorter register distance than PK so it would be impossible to have the lenses focusing to infinity without some glass in the adapter (=degraded image quality).

A while back I converted a Vivitar FD-mount lens to M42 but that required some serious hacking.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, canon, k-mount, lenses, pentax lens, slr lens