Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
old price of DA70mmLtd

just to let you know guys who leaves in GB - mentioned lens still available for old prize from before a year
Buy Cheap Pentax DSLR

12-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Have you made puchases via this site? I checked some online reviews and got quite a bit of negative reviews, would put me off placing any orders there.
12-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That looks like a classic bait-and-switch scam. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.
12-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #4

Or, for a fraction more, you could get it from a larger, long established company (admittedly not a very photo-centric one) and worry a lot less - mine arrived next day and was sealed, new in box stock. Used a voucher code for free delivery and 10 off next purchase too

Pentax DA70 at Argos

*This is not an advert, just passing on my experience after struggling to source a DA70 from my usual suppliers without pawning a kidney - mods, feel free to edit/remove link.

12-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
That looks like a classic bait-and-switch scam. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.
i didn't think about it that way... i have made purchase over year ago and everything went fine... now, after purchase of da70 i feel a little confused...
12-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Pentaxian

that converts to $609 US $s. B&H has it for $550 for US buyers. I suspect customs would knock that up a bit in the U.K.

B&H Shopping Cart | B&H Photo Video
12-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #7

to get the cheapest price from a reputable seller its worth to either get a US based friend to ship it on to you... or aggrigate the purchases and take a trip to NY. If you time it right can get reasonably cheap flights to NY... and what better way to break in a new lens. I am fortunate enough that I travel to US for work and make a point of flying in via NY when possible.

Mainland Europe prices are generally terrible. If I purchase in Europe I do so in the UK and normally stick to Amazon (which ships for low cost to the European Mainland).
12-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yeah i know about price difference betw. ue and us - unfortunaly i can do nothink about it... so i have to stick with gb based retailers - reliable ones are expensive... unknow are cheap sometimes. purely gadgets and simply electronic have the same lens for 330... but i have dealed with them already.....:-||