Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Local used 50mm finds

I would like a fast prime in the 45 to 55mm range and so have been keeping an eye out. Shopping around on the weekend turned up the following:
a pair of KA-50mm f1.7 both asking $75
one M-50mm f1.4 for which he wanted $150
one K-50mm f1.2 demanding $400

All looked to be in good shape, with signs of use limited to shiny spots on the black paint here and there. I almost bought one of the 1.7s, but ended up with nothing since the prices were just past my happy zone.

--
dbh

06-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

prices

QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
I would like a fast prime in the 45 to 55mm range and so have been keeping an eye out. Shopping around on the weekend turned up the following:

All looked to be in good shape, with signs of use limited to shiny spots on the black paint here and there. I almost bought one of the 1.7s, but ended up with nothing since the prices were just past my happy zone.

--
dbh
Those all look very expensive to me. The A lenses look the closest to reasonable; the M is completely ridiculous; I don't know about the 1.2 but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near that price ... although if you're avoiding the carriage costs of an ebay purchase you do have to bear that in mind I suppose. Still, I think they're off the dial!

Tim
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
dbh
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timo Quote
Those all look very expensive to me. The A lenses look the closest to reasonable; the M is completely ridiculous; I don't know about the 1.2 but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near that price ... although if you're avoiding the carriage costs of an ebay purchase you do have to bear that in mind I suppose. Still, I think they're off the dial!

Tim
Considering there is a fast fully automatic prime in the official roadmap,
ie. the DA*55mmF1.4 SDM(Tentative name)
and I'm not a collector of lenses nor in any great rush, I think I'll wait.

Still keeping an eye out, though.
--
dbh
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yikes, those prices are WAY above what you see even on freakbay. I've seen a couple of those lenses recently on KEH for much less money.

06-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Inactive Account

At those prices I would be passing on all of those. I agree with Finn here and think you can find a better used deal at one of the camera shops that cater to on-line customers.
Kenn
06-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote

--
dbh
Go with the "A" lens, since that works in all exposure modes. I don't think $75 is that bad; the 1.7 is one of Pentax' best primes ever.