Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Was that a trial?
The real thing is on the 12/12/09. We are going to do it in Wellington as well.
Our local photo group partnered up with a local church at their annual "Christmas Shop" for single parent families. They bring low income single parents and their kids from all over the city so the kids can "shop" for presents for their parent and siblings. About 30 of us set up four stations and gave each family two 5x7s. It was easily the most rewarding experience I have ever had with a camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
How does the lens perform wide open? I like using f/2.8 on the FA 50/1.4 for portraits and it is nice and sharp at that aperture. I wonder how a zoom does wide open. Normally I wouldn't expect much but I have heard nothing but praise for this lens. Regarding IQ, that is. Regarding build quality, Peter Zack wasn't impressed with it.
Quite well, though I don't shoot portraits wide open very often.

I did have to dial in the AF adjust for both the 28-75 and the 70-200, but I suspect that has more to do with my K20 needing some tweaking than QA issues with the lenses. Both are tack sharp (so was my 17-50) throughout the zoom range and AF is quick and consistent.

If you don't like plastic bodies you won't like Tamron lenses. Myself, I won't buy Sigma lenses simply because I dislike powder coat finishes; optically they're just fine but I can not stand how they feel.