Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #1

[langtitle=cs]Mack Warranty for Lens[/langtitle]

Hello, im considering to buy lens abrod. Seller offers 7years mack warranty. Im from czech republic and he is from USA.

In case of problems with lens , what will i have to do to get free repair ?

Send it back to USA ? Or Mack covers my servises here in Czech republic ?

Thanks for advises.

And if anybody ever used this Mack, can you give ur opinion about it ?

12-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
buying from prodigital? a google search will quickly reveal that the mack warranty is worth nothing. here's a LINK, but you can find many more similar stories.
12-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I went ahead and emailed the helpdesk email in your link to ask if someone from Mack might come and help the OP.

From the link you provided the results are mixed and there might be issus in processing items for repair/replacement/purchase price return. Better a direct answer than a lot of speculation.
12-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #4

Original Poster
I have already seen this blog....

But there is not answer to my question.

Do i need to send camera back to USA if i need repair it ??

12-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MArkusss Quote
I have already seen this blog....

But there is not answer to my question.

Do i need to send camera back to USA if i need repair it ??
Did you miss my post? I emailed Mack FOR YOU, asking them if someone could come and answer your question. Hope this does not get garbled in translation.

Just trying to help you out...
12-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by MArkusss Quote
Hello, im considering to buy lens abrod. Seller offers 7years mack warranty. Im from czech republic and he is from USA.

In case of problems with lens , what will i have to do to get free repair ?

Send it back to USA ? Or Mack covers my servises here in Czech republic ?

Thanks for advises.

And if anybody ever used this Mack, can you give ur opinion about it ?

Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera. Thank you for your interest in Mack Camera extended warranties. No matter the make or model, we work with authorized service centers in the customers area. To locate the service center near you, please call the manufacturer to find out who in your area is authorized to repair your equipment's make and model. We have found that the authorized service centers change from time to time and it is better for the customer to find out who is authorized to repair their model through the manufacturer. If there is not an authorized service center in your area, the unit would have to come into our New Jersey facility for repairs.

In order to purchase one of our warranties, the equipment has to come with atleast a 90 day manufacturer's warranty. If the unit does not have a valid manufacturer's warranty the dealer must warranty the unit for 90 days.

If you need further assistance, you can email me at helpdesk@mackcam.com.
Happy Holidays!
Thank you,
Desiree