12-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by chinotenshi Quote
That is an absolutely beautiful shot.
Thank you very much,
that is from Antalya/TURKEY

Europeans love it there.

12-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #32
Pentaxian

An interesting discussion of UV filters on photo.net here.

Chris
12-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You had Goth days? Man, I'd like to have been there then.
Heheh. I suppose I was something more to see, back then. I could really do that Siouxsie Sioux look if I wanted.

As for UV's, though, one thing I do keep around is a whole bunch of UV filters that I call 'beaters,' (they seemed to accumulate while I was rebuilding my Canon FD kit and doing a certain amount of buying of cheap lenses: when conditions are lousy, it's also usually a time when I'm not worried about any loss of image quality, cause it usually means flare's not an issue and the air itself isn't too clear to begin with. (Though I've also got some 'beater' polarizers I might throw on my wider glass for any beachey-blowing sand/spray type conditions. These occasions tend to be pretty rare, since my health doesn't do well in the sun. (Which dovetailed nicely with the Goth thing, but not so much with swapping filters in the bright. )
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Heheh. I suppose I was something more to see, back then. I could really do that Siouxsie Sioux look if I wanted.

As for UV's, though, one thing I do keep around is a whole bunch of UV filters that I call 'beaters,' (they seemed to accumulate while I was rebuilding my Canon FD kit and doing a certain amount of buying of cheap lenses: when conditions are lousy, it's also usually a time when I'm not worried about any loss of image quality, cause it usually means flare's not an issue and the air itself isn't too clear to begin with. (Though I've also got some 'beater' polarizers I might throw on my wider glass for any beachey-blowing sand/spray type conditions. These occasions tend to be pretty rare, since my health doesn't do well in the sun. (Which dovetailed nicely with the Goth thing, but not so much with swapping filters in the bright. )
Bauhaus for me, Daniel Ash!!

I miss "Joi Gel".