Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Inactive Account

How is the Replacement AF Motor on Your DA Working?

Posted a query on another thread regarding the longevity of replacement AF motors for Pentax's SDM lenses. The only responses I have received are sympathy replies, which I appreciate. But I am trying to get feedback from folks who have had these motors replaced and whether they sense the replacement motors will last longer. So I am reposting with a more narrow topic.

I have two I need replaced and am debating whether to do it. Perhaps I can call CRIS and talk to someone there in the know as Pentax won't tell me anything.

Thanks,

Ken

12-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Boy, all this talk about SDM failure had me going yesterday ...I had the FA 77 limited on my K-7 and replaced it with the DA* 300 for some shots I was taking and the damn thing wouldn't autofocus!!! Turns out I had the camera set to manual focus ...would normally be the first thing I look at, but as I said all this talk about SDM failure got to me.
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
over one year i had situation: ''SDM died on me'', my 16-50 gone to service at may, i was calling them many times, answer was: we wait for the part from the Japan, at september i got my new lens as replacemen, it was send from Germany with russian manual in the box. The answer to your question, basing on my expirience is: thay wasn't able to fix the lens within 4 months.... they never did