Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Need help to identify lens cap for FA77/FA43 Ltd.

Hi guys,

I'm searching for a replacement lens cap for my FA 77mm Limited.
I just posted a trade in our marketplace with the explanations here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/82793-trade-w...m-limited.html

My question is whether this front lens cap of FA77mm Ltd the same with a lens cap from DA Limited?
If yes, which lens?
FA 77mm Ltd has 49mm filter size. It's the same lens cap for FA43 Ltd.
I have both so I already confirmed that it will fit. But I don't have any DA Limited lens to check.

Does anybody have any DA Ltd lenses and FA43/FA77 to try whether the front lens cap will fit or not?
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

12-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
my DA35ltd did not fit either my 77ltd or either of the 43ltds I owned. So, you can infer that the Ltd caps did not fit the 35ltd.
12-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Herman,

I had the 10-17 FishEye lens for 2 days (returned) and remember the cap looks like the one on the FA limited (Though color is certainly off, the DA more like a 'metal gun' color instead of the 'black' on the FA limited).

But hopefully this info will expand your search into cap from 'DA line' instead of just 'DA Ltd'...

Good luck! -- I know it is just a cap, but on the FA limited, they are *Not just a cap* anymore! It's important to get it right!

Lee
12-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
my DA35ltd did not fit either my 77ltd or either of the 43ltds I owned. So, you can infer that the Ltd caps did not fit the 35ltd.
Thanks brecklundin for trying. I appreciate your help.

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Herman,

I had the 10-17 FishEye lens for 2 days (returned) and remember the cap looks like the one on the FA limited (Though color is certainly off, the DA more like a 'metal gun' color instead of the 'black' on the FA limited).

But hopefully this info will expand your search into cap from 'DA line' instead of just 'DA Ltd'...

Good luck! -- I know it is just a cap, but on the FA limited, they are *Not just a cap* anymore! It's important to get it right!

Lee
Thanks Lee. Hopefully somebody here has experimented with front lens caps

12-11-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA21 cap does not fit either the FA43 or 77, the DA 21 is too small.

The lens hood on the FA43 screws right into my F28/2.8 and the plastic pinch lens cap that came with the F28/2.8 seems to work fine with the FA43/77.
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
DA21 cap does not fit either the FA43 or 77, the DA 21 is too small.

The lens hood on the FA43 screws right into my F28/2.8 and the plastic pinch lens cap that came with the F28/2.8 seems to work fine with the FA43/77.
Thanks for the input, pcarfan.
If I couldn't find the original replacement cap, I might need to use that old Pentax pinch lens cap
12-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Thanks for the input, pcarfan.
If I couldn't find the original replacement cap, I might need to use that old Pentax pinch lens cap
I never use the original caps on my ltd's...I bought a bunch of pinch caps on ebay for next to nothing. My original caps all stay in their pouch and box at home. At $40+/each and easy to lose or drop I prefer to use a $2 pinch cap instead.

The only PITA in the bunch is the 43ltd because of it's screw on hood. I need to get a lens cap that fits in the end of the hood, for now I have a slightly over sized 49mm which works well enough, but next time I order caps or something I am going to get a couple different sizes to get a good solid fit. Probably a 52mm will work for the 43ltd hood even though the filter size is 49mm, the hood is slightly larger.