Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 03:34 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
WR is nice, but I'd rather like something longer - my old DFA 100/2.8 serves me well, if I'm gonna get any other macro glass, Sigma 180/3.5 is at the top of my list for now... Unless IQ of that new DFA will be really *much* better than the old one.

12-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
More macro madness for me, but I have to agree, something longer would be nice. If they are going to reuse an optical formula why not the FA 200mm?
The WR will be nice though, my macro lens gets more use than my others and even more still if it was sealed.
I will keep an eye on the price becasue I am most definately interested. But then all you have to do is mention macro and I am interested.
12-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I would be interested in it were it not for the fact that there are lot of options for ~100mm macros in the K-mount - both AF and manual.
Bingo!

There is almost zero macro lenses in 150-200mm, which if they made one it would create quite a niche. I know I'd buy a 150mm F/2.8 or 200mm F/4 the day it came out, and so would a large portion of us im sure

Sadly I must settle with the sigma 105mm until pentax finally does something worth while in the macro side of photography.

(as a side note, at least they made this lens sexy!)
12-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
Voe
Veteran Member

I'm surprised how no one commented on the new design of this lens. I find it's design outstanding.
I love lenses made of metal. And to me this one is the most beautiful non Limited lens Pentax ever made. Having perfectly round aperture, updated lens coatings and wheather sealing and not much more expensive than the previous D FA 100mm looks like a good deal.
I will definitely buy it when I have the available finance.

12-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I can get the Tamron 90/2.8 macro and the sigma ring flash for about $750, and this lens alone might cost that much or a bit more. The one Canadian store taking orders has it for CAN$800. Frankly, I am leaning more towards the Tamron and the flash.

But, the built is stellar, but that has been mentioned and discussed in the news and rumors section, this was just to see whether anyone is seriously interested in purchasing this.
12-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
I can get the Tamron 90/2.8 macro and the sigma ring flash for about $750, and this lens alone might cost that much or a bit more. The one Canadian store taking orders has it for CAN$800. Frankly, I am leaning more towards the Tamron and the flash.

But, the built is stellar, but that has been mentioned and discussed in the news and rumors section, this was just to see whether anyone is seriously interested in purchasing this.
as long as they put the $800 price tag on it, I believe it would be a hard sell. the only way that I'm buying this lens is if it is being sold at around $600. otherwise, my tank FA100/2.8 is mighty hard as well. in short, I won't pay extra for the WR 100mm basing on built alone.