Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
SMC Pentax AF 35-70mm f2.8 Help!

Hello folks, I just got a hold of this rare (I was told) lens. This is the one where the auto focus motor is mounted outside / under the lens. It is in prestine condition. Guy said the auto focus worked on a K10, tried it on my K20 and auto focus does not work. Does anyone know if this lens really wont work on my K20 or there is just something wrong with the motor.

Thanks so much for the help / advice.

12-11-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by golfcoachnoel Quote
Hello folks, I just got a hold of this rare (I was told) lens. This is the one where the auto focus motor is mounted outside / under the lens. It is in prestine condition. Guy said the auto focus worked on a K10, tried it on my K20 and auto focus does not work. Does anyone know if this lens really wont work on my K20 or there is just something wrong with the motor.

Thanks so much for the help / advice.
That lens only autofocuses on this body and nothing else.

I heard that's it's still a pretty good lens on its own right though I'd say unless you're a collector and you can return it, save your money for a current generation f2.8 lens, if you can't, just enjoy it!
12-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
That lens only autofocuses on this body and nothing else.

I heard that's it's still a pretty good lens on its own right though I'd say unless you're a collector and you can return it, save your money for a current generation f2.8 lens, if you can't, just enjoy it!
Oh okay, I was told that I can also get the pentax 1.7 x AF adapter that will make it autofocus. I wonder if that true? I got it for 2,500 pesos (around 45 US Dollars), it takes great pictures on full manual. I think I'll keep it hehe!

Thanks Andi Lo
12-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Indeed it will autofocus, but that's like buying a 350$ adapter to use a 40$ lens!

For that price i'd keep it myself...

12-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hehehe! I could use the adapter on my other lenses. Thanks Andi, I am happy I have a piece of history that is in great shape!

Cheers