Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #1

Sigma 30 1.4 non-HSM?

Just rejoined the Pentax club... I finally got around to ordering my Pentax K-7, and got the Sigma 30 1.4 to go with it. But I was just reviewing my B&H order and noticed that the version of this lens that B&H sells doesn't seem to be an HSM version? Upon looking further on the net, everybody else seems to sell an HSM version in Pentax mount for the same price as the one I got on B&H... Is this an earlier version or do you think B&H just forgot to include the HSM description? Here is the one they list, which apparently i will own tomorrow:

Sigma | 30mm f/1.4 EX DC Autofocus Lens for Pentax | 300109

Thanks,

Chris Miller
Imagine Imagery, Photography by Chris Miller

12-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Damn Brit

I just compared photographs between B&H and Amazon, you can clearly see the HSM on Amazon and the lack of it at B&H. It's possible they just haven't updated the details but you ought to contact them to check.
12-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I just compared photographs between B&H and Amazon, you can clearly see the HSM on Amazon and the lack of it at B&H. It's possible they just haven't updated the details but you ought to contact them to check.
So you're implying there was an earlier version of this lens w/o HSM?
12-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
Igilligan

Gary is Gogheg

So fast with the info is the Damn Brit...

I remember a Pentax mount non-hsm version...

In fact, I did not know they had a Hsm version for Pentax... That is very cool.

I would definitely contact B&H and let them know that adorama has the HSM version for the same price.

12-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Pentaxian

As far as I know there is no HSM version for Pentax. It's mislabeled on Amazon, etc.

Pentax only got the screwdrive version.
12-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

From Sigma's page for the lens:

QuoteQuote:
Equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) system (HSM not included in Sony, Pentax or Four Thirds mounts)
12-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Thanks, I should have known B&H's website was correct and Adorama's was not. I knew this from experience but was hoping it was B&H's error for a change... Thanks again,

Chris Miller
Imagine Imagery, Photography by Chris Miller