Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
m28mm/2.8 threaded mount mounting screws?

The 49mm threaded mount on the front of my m28/2.8 came off of the camera.

I unscrewed the faceplate from the mount to find that there should be three tiny screws connecting the mount to the lens.

Does anyone know what size screws I need to look for (or where to find them)?

The mount was loose since I got the lens last year so I'm sure the screws were long gone & just held in by friction.

(If you screw the faceplate off the threads, you should see the three screws mounting the threads onto the lens - that's what I'm missing)

Thanks,

John

12-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you talking about the screws marked with the red arrows, that hold on the filter ring?

Unfortunately, I have never seen these exact size screws anywhere else besides in a Pentax lens. An old film camera may have that size. They thread into aluminum, so if you can find something small enough but with the wrong threads, you can force it in there. I'd be reluctant to glue the ring on, because if it can't be removed later, repairs are hard.
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
those are the ones. thanks for the info. I may look to cannibalize something else for the screws. At least the lens still works without it.
12-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Are you talking about the screws marked with the red arrows, that hold on the filter ring?

Unfortunately, I have never seen these exact size screws anywhere else besides in a Pentax lens. An old film camera may have that size. They thread into aluminum, so if you can find something small enough but with the wrong threads, you can force it in there. I'd be reluctant to glue the ring on, because if it can't be removed later, repairs are hard.
If you want to keep the lens then it might be worth it to send or take the lens to a repair facility that deals in Pentax. Shouldn't cost that much to replace the screws.

12-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I once bought a S-M-C Takumar 1.4/50mm which was missing these screws. If I remember right on my Tak these screws were with 1.4mm thread and I found suitable screws from the opticians. They had a nice election of small screws for repairing eyeglasses.
12-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Micro-Tools, Camera & Watch Repair Tools - Home

worth a try?