Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
quick adaptall mount difference question

I have a pretty simple question that I can't seem to find the answer to regarding the adaptall mount system and the Pentax adapters. The adaptall-2 site has a lot of good information, but I cannot seem to find a site that has owner's manuals.

Does the Tamron source PK adapter have an aperture lever so the lens functions as as a K or M series lens on a DSLR using the green button to stop down, or would I have to manually stop down to meter like on the m42 lenses? The mounts on ebay don't seem to have the lever, and if used, would require manually stopping down prior to metering. I was just wondering if the knock-offs on ebay were cheapened up or if this is the way the mount was intended to be.

With that, if there never was an aperture lever on the original adaptall, did other lens companies get it (or their equivalent of aperture control)?

I know the benefits of the PK-A version and am trying to determine what I'm getting for my money.

Thanks

12-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The non A PK adaptall-2 works just like a K or M series lens.
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Ok, so this adapter is a poor crippled knock-off of the real thing then.

Tamron Adaptall 2 to Pentax K200D K7 K-m K2000 Adapter - eBay (item 350277943586 end time Jan-10-10 11:27:35 PST)

Thanks Nesster, that's exactly what I needed to know.
12-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes, this is an after market adapter by the looks of it...

this is what the real thing looks like, but without the electric contacts (this one's a P-KA)

12-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Genuine PKs also have a set of printed aperture values, so that cameras like the MX would have the aperture show in the viewfinder

PK-As do not have this scale (hint, hint)