Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Makinon 2x teleconverter

I found a makinon 2x PK converter in a box of junk. anyone know if it will work on a k10d? or wether it is even worth using?

06-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #2

It will work as my Vivitar 2x does but you lose autofocus. I assume that it has the contacts for retaining auto aperture unless it's really old. I think these old converters are not that hot optically though so be prepared to lose some quality. If you use it on fast lenses (up to about f3.5) you will retain focus confirmation. Like any lens with no A setting you will have to shoot in manual and set the aperture from the lens and use the green button for metering but they are ok in an emergency.

Carl
06-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
mackinon

looked over the converter, no contacts. must be old, old, old. thanks for the info on how to shoot manually. may give it a try. i've heard that teleconverters as a rule degrade quality.

this converter has no.1.... may be the first of it's kind!

Last edited by ivoire; 06-16-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: more info