Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #1

SMC-A 28mm

I just received an SMC-A 28mm, and got it to work with my K110/K10 cameras. But now I'm worried. Having 'grown up' with old MD Minolta lenses 25 years ago, this 'new' lens has thrown me into a fit of nostalgia. I can't explain how cool it is that I can buy an old, small, lightweight prime lens with a big rubber focus ring and it works fine with my brand new digital SLR.

The reason I'm worried... this probably won't be the last $94 dollars I spend on old lenses.

I know none of this is news to anyone here, I just had to share it with someone who could feel my pain.
-dak

06-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrats on your new purchase!

There are a few other A-series lenses that you want to watch out for: A50/1.7 (or A50/1.4), A20/2.8, and A100/2.8 (both the macro and non-macro versions are all good).

Apart from those, there are also a few A* lenses but they very expensive and rare! For more info, have a look here:
Stan's Pentax Photography

cheers
Kenny
06-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I also just got a SMC-A 28mm, mine was cheaper because for some reason it came attached to a Super Program

I haven't even taken this lens off the SP, as I'm having too much fun with the luxuriously large and well-lit viewfinder. But sometime soon...
06-21-2007, 03:18 AM   #4
Forum Member

Yes, the A 2.8/28 is a very fine lens on dslr too.
Handling it is just so much fun!
I know what you're taking about....

If you're not necessarily looking for A-mounted lenses there are even far more very interesting solutions......

I'd also like to add one lens to the list of recommended lenses:
The A 2.0/35!
O.K.: FL is very close to the 2.8/28, but if you need this extra f-stop....
and it's really usable! Better than my 50mm-lenses at 2.0.....

:-) P