Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2009, 06:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
No. I see two apples, which of one is a little bigger and the other a little sweeter. A matter of preference - true - but not something you can't really compare.
Then I'm sure you only have one lens, as any other would be too similar to it to warrant a purchase.

The difference between the two lenses is pretty large... there isn't anything to disagree with, nor is it a matter of opinion. Two stops of light alone make a huge difference.

12-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tux Quote
Has the price of the DA 40mm gone up lately ? Both Adorama & B&H have it for $339 USD ? Seems expensive to me ?
That's been the price for at least a year or so - see any number of threads over that time on prices hikes. It's still a great deal. I *much* prefer the 40mm focal length to 50mm, and find f/2.8 (and ISO 1600) fast enough virtually all of the time when I have any chance of getting a decent shot anyhow.
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
Hmm I disagree to be honest.

I used the DA40 to shoot in lowlight at a concert once and I didn't find it that good.
Well, concerts present their own difficulties, as the instruments and microphones and stands and cables present conflicting targets. Are you claiming the FA50 did better? If so, that's at odds with the experience of every one of the dozens of others who have made any sort of comparison.