Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
Inactive Account

where to buy screw mount pentax lenses

i have my dad's old pentax camera, but could not find the lenses he had, does anyone know where i can (relatively) cheaply buy screw mount pentax lenses, other than ebay.. the camera is a Pentax MX

thank you for your help...

06-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where do you live? Please fill out your location field in your profile, this may help at a later date too when you have other questions.
06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

sunita the MX has the Pentax K-mount not the screw mount.
06-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
oh, i must be wrong on model then, cuz i was told by camera shop and dad, that it used m42, screw mount

06-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Try the russkies

There are russian screw lenses at Russian Cameras, Lenses and other optics
06-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Sunita - To answer your question, I would suggest Keh (www.keh.com); their "bargain" grade is always good, and they are reputable. You might find lenses somewhat cheaper in pawn shops etc. or on ebay, but you can rely on Keh's ratings and warranty. Unfortunately they seem to have fewer and fewer M42 lenses. Before buying M42s that are not Pentax-made be sure to check compatibility and whether you will be able with your camera to take pictures with the diaphragm stopped down.