Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #31
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear.
The lens is a real beauty.
I've been thoroughly impressed with my repaired copy as well and should stay that way for good. I'm just as happy with the results with the 1.4x TC.

I did have the Sigma 70-200 II for a while telfish, and as you found, my copy was certainly soft, mine remained soft centrally until f/4 and peripherally until f/8. This wasn't acceptable to me, so it was the Tamron for me.

Enjoy your copy too, Lance.

03-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #32

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Photos: Albums
I have had the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG HSM II for a couple of weeks now and am very happy with it. I haven't really given it a good work out yet but have tried some handheld shots at 200mm f2.8 iso 400 and low (1/50 & less) shutter speeds and they look ok considering the settings. If you get a lens with the serial number starting with 104 (as I have) you should have a good lens as the lenses that had a serial starting with 101, 102 and 103 were the ones that had problems with bubbling on the front lens element and HSM problems.
03-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #33
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Paul, my copy was a 104 serial number - I'm resigned to the fact that it was a good copy, just with results not to my liking. In any case, as long as you get what you're after from the lens, then it should be a keeper.