Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fisheye fun

I rented a 10-17mm Fisheye lens over the holidays from Camera Lens Rentals.
This was a lot of fun, I may have to buy one. Getting shots closer than with any lens I have is really useful.

01-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #2

That is one good looking pup that I'd love to squeeze. Did you have to do much cropping on that first photo. It's great.

I just bought an inexpensive (comparatively) 6mm fisheye lens and can't wait till the weather breaks to try it out.
01-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow. That is a cute dog. I watched a movie last night called The Wackness, where Ben Kingsley says to never trust a person that does not like dogs. I thought that was pretty funny.
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

really great shots - uber cute dog too

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenMerola Quote
Wow. That is a cute dog. I watched a movie last night called The Wackness, where Ben Kingsley says to never trust a person that does not like dogs. I thought that was pretty funny.
The Wackness = great movie you may like Adam, just saw it and it was great.

01-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice shot of your dog. The 10-17 is one of my favorite lenses and I have found that I use it far more than I thought I would. It does an excellent job at partys and gatherings where it is very crowded and you normally couldn't shoot easily.
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'll have to put The Wackness on my Netflix queue. I remember hearing about it, but promptly forgot.

The above pictures are a cropped close picture and an uncropped image - probably zoomed in.

I'm thinking the 10-17 could be a very useful lens. The two pictures posted here are uncropped, it looks like the top is at 10mm and the bottom is 17mm - I could look at the metadata on Flickr, I suppose. I have never played with a fisheye, my widest lens is the DA 16-45mm - a VERY nice lens indoors or out. I probably should have taken shots to compare fields etc.

Kiowa, the pup, is very interested in the camera. I have one of the Flip Mino videocameras and he'll come right at it. I have to edit some video but there's one on the site where Ki chomps the camera.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ter-or/4186483218/in/set-72157602251719940/

Last edited by TER-OR; 01-07-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: correcting some information.
01-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to see another enjoying the fishy results of the 10-17.
It's a fine lens with excellent quality in all respects.

01-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I really need to crack out the Zenitar again.

The puppies are gorgeous ... and that shot is great as well.

I'd love to be able to afford the Pentax 10-17 ... the 10mm FOV would be great just to get as much in as possible as well. 16mm is nowhere near as effective as 10mm when it come to the F/E effect.

Here's a little shot i took a while ago of my son's toy train when i first for the F/E

And a shot of my mate's Jeep close up as well

01-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So I had to buy this 10-17mm Fisheye lens (used here in the marketplace) after renting it for a couple weeks. It was just too much fun and the results are great. It's small enough to go in a travel case and I can see using it indoors at conventions and the like as well as outdoors for fun or architectural shots.

You'll see more pictures...
01-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
So I had to buy this 10-17mm Fisheye lens (used here in the marketplace) after renting it for a couple weeks. It was just too much fun and the results are great. It's small enough to go in a travel case and I can see using it indoors at conventions and the like as well as outdoors for fun or architectural shots.

You'll see more pictures...
Congrats on the purchase! I love this lens. It is indeed a load of fun to explore with.

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote

This image puts a smile on my face.
01-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Don't forget to post to the "Fisheye Fever" thread! It has gotten a little cold and needs some warming up!

Steve