Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I just acquired one of these from fleabay and have a question about the automatic aperture. When set to A the camera does not recognize f2.8. The lowest it will go is f4. Is this normal for this lens or should I send it back?
Clean the contacts with a soft cloth to make sure they all work.

01-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I mounted it again and this time it worked. I think the lens was not used for some time and it does need to be cleaned.
01-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glasbak Quote
Today arrived ths very same sigma macro lens to diagnose/repair for someone.
It suffers from exactly the same problem.
It was easy to repair (if you are a bit technical and have the right equipment)
George, thank you so much! That looks like it describes my problem exactly, because I have the same marks on the barrel as you show in that picture. I will try this fix soon.

Regarding the tape - did you re-use the tape, or did you use new tape? And if you used new tape, what tape did you use?

With the felt, I'll try to re-use that as well, fixing where it's bunched up, but out of curiosity is there a good source for replacement felt for camera lenses like this?