Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can I try to sell?

on this forum a lens,is this aloud buy administrator and in which forum do I do that?
Thanx

06-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, in the marketplace forum.

But if you post something for sale you have to stick around and contribute to the other forums, too. (<-- That rule is mine only.)
06-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There's a subforum for that. Go to the main forums page and look for the forum with the "The Photographer's Marketplace" header.
06-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote

But if you post something for sale you have to stick around and contribute to the other forums, too. (<-- That rule is mine only.)
This is my rule as well.
I'd like to see a rule where only 10% of your posts are allowed to be in the marketplace threads.

06-21-2007, 02:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote

I aggree as well.

I had a few people sending me PM just about what estimated price they want to sell their lenses for or what lenses to buy etc.

After some exchange of PMs, these people just vanished from the forum... (Luckily majority of people have pleasant personality) I guess we all are quite busy ...
06-21-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

On another forum that I visit quite frequently, they don't allow people who has posted less than a certain number of posts to sell/buy/trade stuff. The problem with that is people can just post crap/useless comments to reach that number...
06-21-2007, 03:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While some people might think it's a better idea to have people post a certain number of posts before using the forum's classifieds, I don't really think it's a good idea.

I was sold on the k100d, but couldn't buy it on ebay (at that time paypal didn't support Albania, my home country). I didn't want to buy it from an online shop as I got burned by the customs taxes/duties before. Also there isn't a pentax dealer in my country.

I did manage to get a k100d from here, and luckily paypal started supporting Albania. If I don't have a pentax camera what do I write about to increase my post count? I don't like to spam with stupid irrelevant comments.

While I was waiting for the move to purchase the camera I just read these forums, but refrained from posting here.

After buying the camera, this forum has been even more interesting now. I'm always looking for ideas suggestions and LBA has hit me. Within the first week of getting the camera I ordered 2 lenses from here .
06-21-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I don't think that most of us are referring to responding to an ad in the marketplace. Just starting them.

If you had to start a camera wanted ad we would all understand it if you wrote in asking us for a little advice on this or that about your future purchase. That plus your introduction could easily add up to 10 posts in a day, which is my minimum requirement if you use my 10% rule