Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jopenmx Quote
Hello,

I own a FA 28-70 f/4 and think that optically is a very good lens , but with a build and feeling in the hands that canīt compete with any of my old K lenses ( K 28 f/3,5, K 35 f/2 , M 50 f/1,4 , etc.) . However I never had any problem concerning separation of elements.
According to a popular ( enclosed link ) classification of lenses as regards its MTF properties FA 28-70 f/4 scores 3.2 , which is not bad at all.

C

...totally unfair to compare any zoom to K series....in my limited experience no other Pentax lens can compete with the original K lenses in terms of build and feeling (but I haven't tried A* lenses). Interesting link though, thanks for that.....nice to see A85 and some other Pentax glass on top .