Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #1

Canon to Pentax K-Mount?

I recently found a very well priced Sigma 10-20mm locally, but unfortunately it's a Canon mount.
Is it at all possible to purchase a converter for the lens so it will fit my K-7?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

01-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Absolutely not at all. Look for one in Pentax mount only.
01-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To expand on Wally said; the Canon mount has a shorter registration distance from the focal plane than Pentax. This allows easy adaptation of Pentax lenses to Canon cameras, but not the other way around (adapted lenses would not be able to attain infinity focus).

Steve

P.S. K-mount compatibility to EOS cameras is limited to the non-FF models due to interference of the aperture actuator with the longer FF mirror.
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #4

Original Poster
Alright, thanks for the input guys!
Definitely appreciated. I guess I'll have to fork out the money for the K-mount Sigma..