Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nothing beats a "Satisfying P" Club

I was just thinking that almost everyone who shoots Pentax does so because as odd and quirky as they lenses or bodies can be, they end up doing things that keep them special in our minds...why not have a club to show just some of those satisfying P-moments?

I am only recently returned to Pentax after 20+yrs away and just love the shot when they just work. Recent shots with my new to me 43ltd reminded me of the simply top notch IQ this gear can deliver. I love the fact as opposed to my old 40D a $10 remote lets my control the shutter as well as I need to compared to the $40 wireless shutter with a dongle for the 40D. There are small things which I know I often take for granted. And in the end I would likely not consider going back to a 40D which was perfectly a great camera. We also have the luxury of some high end legacy glass that other brands just do offer, remember once Pentax was king of the hill. Yeah we all want cheaper even back to the time just 6-7 months ago, when I should have grabbed almost all of the DA Limited lineup to complement my FA Limiteds.

So maybe some shots that just give pause and remind you what a "Good P" feels like and keeps you coming back for more? Even the stories behind the shots would be fun...just images can often numb a viewer of a thread when they are all great. I think stories and associated shots from comically tragic or blind "sheet house" luck are especially fun!

So, any P lens, anytime anywhere...and mentioning any embarrassing facts should earn the poster more "P-tokens" good for future "Major Prize Awards".