Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

using the Sigma 15mm as a super-wide prime

Hello Forum,

last year i bought a k-x and after my first trip with my k-x and the default kit lens i decided to get 2-3 primes which will cover my most used focal length. the first lens i got is the Pentax FA 35mm which is really nice for shots of people and objects.

now i started to look for a super-wide and looked into the existent Pentax offers.
the 15mm, 21mm and 14mm.
i like the compact size of the 15mm but a min f4 is not perfect for me. the 21mm is not wide enough for me and the 14mm is to heavy (like the super-wide zoom options) and the reviews of this lens don't look very promising.

than i found the two Sigma Fisheyes 10mm and 15mm. i know the 10mm is for the crop sensors but i like to have a less prone fisheye effect which is if i want to easily removable. the length 7cm and weight of 330g is acceptable.

the Sigma gives a FOV of ~98
after 80% RectFish i get a FOV of ~85 which is pretty wide.

i took some sample shoots with the Kit Lens @ 18mm and the Sigma 15mm.

my question is there anyone who has some experience with this Sigma Lens and particular with defishing some of the photos? so using it as a super wide Lens?

bye

Attached Images