Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #1

White DA lens Availability?

As a new owner of a white D-X with the white DA 18-55 kit, I was interested in obtaining the other white 50-200 DA lens (I have read re it and also seen a picture of it, so I know it exists. Does anyone know of a source for this? Also, is there a white 55-300 available?

Thanks;

photonpen

01-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've never seen a white 55-300, but I'd imagine the white 50-200 would come up from time to time on the used market (eg, Ebay) as people decide to replace it with the regular version that has quick shift & a metal mount.

BTW, I've moved this to the lens forum where it is more appropriate.
01-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There was a limited edition K-m (previous pentax model with the same body style as the K-x) which was sold with the two lens kit both in white. This is the only place you would be able to find this lens - perhaps you could posted a 'wanted' ad in the market place and see if you get any hits, otherwise ebay would be the only likely source. You could also check Buy & Sell New & Used Cameras ? Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad, Leica & More - KEH.com - a large used camera online seller - they may happen upon a white 50-200 on occasion. The 55-300 is only produced in Black (sadly, as it is definitely the better of the two lenses!)

Edit: whoa, I didnt type all that information into that link!
01-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote

Edit: whoa, I didnt type all that information into that link!
That is the title of the Web page you linked to. The forum software inserts it for you. You should be able to edit it out and replace it with text to suit.

Steve