Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #16

Original Poster
for all the hints with zooms. I dont think I will buy a zoom here.
All the pictures I have seen from the long Sigma zooms (120-400 + 150-500) are quite soft at the long end and cannot compede with my MF 400/5.6.

So I will go for a prime

I already found a Sigma APO 400/5.6 Macro - I just hope I can get this one, the one who sells it doesn't answer on my messages. If I get this one I will be happy and I can close this thread ;-)

PHILIP

01-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I think it depends upon the TC and the lens. The sigma TCs are designed specifically to work with only ha handfull of their long tele's and zooms. They are not general purpose teleconverters, As a result, and since they only work with a small number of lenses (all of which have similar design philosophy) they work very well together.

Go look at the shots I linked to.

but this is with a very good lens to start with,.

ALso the BIGMA gets soft above 400mm from what other members have posted/

The Bigma is not the 150-500, it is 50-500 and more expensive.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/790489-post11.html

These were taken with my 150-500. Bear in mind this is a lens which costs 2/3 of the price of a DA*300, I reckon they are not bad. As I say, you have to use it right. At 500mm it has to be stopped down to F9 or less to get sharp, and it needs light, but on the right day it will simply demolish the DA*300 on my Tamron 1.4x.