Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #1

Where to buy the new DFA 100mm Macro?

OK, I've been researching a new Macro lens for the last couple of months and have decided to go for the recently announced DFA 100mm WR.
Next question is where is the best place to buy it?
UK shops seem to only be doing pre-orders (for around £650!!) yet people on the DPreview site are saying that it is available for about 549Euros in Europe and for about $600 in the US!
I've had a google around and can't seem to find the lens for sale in many places and Google is insisting on showing me results based on the UK (even if I select "WEB" in my search criteria) so I'm finding it very hard to check prices in Europe or the US.
Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark Morb.

01-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

TBH i'd pick up a used non-WR 100mm macro off the marketplace for under $400, well under actually.

Once the WR drops in price sell the old model for zero loss thrn buy. The WR new is more than twice the price of the old model used ... that's crazy.
01-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
TBH i'd pick up a used non-WR 100mm macro off the marketplace for under $400, well under actually.

Once the WR drops in price sell the old model for zero loss thrn buy. The WR new is more than twice the price of the old model used ... that's crazy.
That's certainly food for thought, thanks.

Mark Morb